BUSINESS ACCELERATION MANAGER
Dawnbreaker is seeking a motivated individual to work with an assigned portfolio of companies to guide them through a formalized mentoring process using the Dawnbreaker business planning method. The Business Acceleration Manager candidate will work as a business coach with scientists and engineers and will need to be effective in discussing issues related to intellectual property, customer relations, strategic planning, market and competitive analysis, operational planning, and pro forma financials with clients. Business Acceleration Managers work closely with a Market Researchers, whom are skilled in library sciences, to develop a deliverable report to the client that includes primary and secondary market research on the competitive landscape for the client’s technology.
Company: Dawnbreaker Inc. is a professional services firm providing commercialization assistance to advanced technology firms whom are funded primarily by Government research and development programs; and their investors. Dawnbreaker delivers high-impact strategic planning, market research, and marketing communications assistance to advance national technology innovation initiatives of Federal agencies and small, advanced technology firms. Two distinguishing features characterize our work:
(1) an emphasis on measurable results, and (2) a programmatic, yet flexible approach to growing our clients’ business. Find us online at www.dawnbreaker.com.
Job Summary: In order to continue to meet the demands of our clients, Dawnbreaker anticipates growth in the Business Acceleration Manager Department. The Business Acceleration Manager assists advanced technology firms that participate in government-funded research and development programs through business and strategic planning. The Business Acceleration Manager works on a variety of Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs including work for the Department of Energy, National Science Foundation, NASA, and other federal agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or an advanced technical field such as engineering or science
- 5+ years relevant corporate management experience in marketing, manufacturing, engineering, finance, or other relevant field
- Previous corporate experience as an effective facilitator, strategic planner, business trainer, or consultant working with advanced technology companies
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Effective organization and prioritization skills
- Demonstrate high attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and complete tasks on a timely basis
- Enjoys learning new things and working with high technology entrepreneurs
- Master’s degree in business, engineering, or science
- Bachelors Degree and 5+ years experience in project management with certification (PMP, CAPM, PPM, etc.) strongly preferred
- Medical Device product development and/or regulatory experience strongly preferred
- Ability to collaboratively work with diverse groups
This is an Exempt level full time position that will be approximately 40 hours per week. Dawnbreaker offers a generous benefits package, which includes medical, dental, vision, short-term disability, long-term disability, Aflac, and Life insurances in addition to 401K contributions and wellness benefits. Occasional travel may be needed.
Please provide a cover letter and resume to John K Servo, Vice President of Operations email@example.com