New Mexico Angels
John Chavez, President
New Mexico Angels, Inc.
1451 Innovation Parkway SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123
Phone: (505) 843-1347
Purpose of the Initiative
We are a New Mexico based group of individual accredited angel investors focused on investing in early-stage companies across the country. Over $11.5 million invested since 1999. Our mission is to provide opportunities where our members can obtain outstanding financial returns while accelerate companies to market leadership.
New Mexico Angels invests in companies located in New Mexico and the Southwest region, and is actively co-investing with angel groups in surrounding states. Companies considered for investment should have an unfair advantage, such as patented or proprietary technologies or processes, and the capability of penetrating or creating global markets.
Criteria we favor include:
- A compelling and achievable strategy for capturing a significant market share.
- Barriers to entry such as patents, trade secrets, copyrights or other proprietary advantages.
- A market opportunity sufficiently large (several hundred million) to create a business with revenues of at least $50 MM after five years.
- A desire for advice and coaching.
- A company valuation, pre-money, which will produce the opportunity for a minimum of a 10X return for the angel investors.
- Multiple exit strategies for the angel investors.
Your potential use of investment funds can include:
- Completing the prototype or technology, and further patents/other IP.
- Product launch.
- Developing additional products.
- Completing strategic corporate partnerships.
- Expanding or improving the management team.
- Other uses of funds to add to the value of the company.
- Preparing for the next round of funding at a multiple of the prior funding round.
Our Preferred Industry Sectors
Our investment preferences is companies that present a compelling investment proposition, where there is a viable exit strategy in less than seven years. We are both technology and location agnostic. The New Mexico Angels are looking for the best investment opportunity.
We accept only electronic submissions via our proposal form to include a brief, (not more than three page) Executive Summary. We may ask you for a Power Point presentation later.
We use the Gust online platform to manage applications. To begin the process, click the “submit” link below and you will be redirected to our Gust page where you will need to register for an account. (You can then use this account to submit to other angel investing organizations who also use Gust.) Remember, angel funding comes with more than just investment dollars, it comes with advice and coaching to move your company forward!
What To Expect
After you login, you will be asked to answer some questions about your business. You will also have the opportunity to upload documents like your business plan and presentation.
Submit Your Application through Gust
We will respond if we have further interest in your company. If you are selected, please follow our Presentation Guidelines to insure your success.
Award details are not provided. However, New Mexico Angels has invested over $15 million since 1999.
Updated March 2018 by Kristin Stiner